RE: loop sync semantics

Right .... we are of the same thinking here .....

With "latching mode" .. what I am looking for is to begin recording midway
through the master .... at some arbitrary point ... but then quantizing
the
loop to be some multiple of the masters length.

such as ..

>  So if TrackSync=Loop, you would always create a second
>loop that was an exact multiple of the master loop.

so it sounds like the EDP can do that .......??

When "stopping" and "starting" the loop position relative to the master is
noted .... and in latching mode it restarts (or unmutes .. really it would
be the same thing) at the same location that you initially recorded it ....

so .... if you have an instrumental song, the melody of which is only one
measure long (same length as the master, that is) .... but comes in on ...
say ... the third beat of that one measure ......... well then we would
want
this track to unmute itself only at the right time (third beat) ..... so
you
need to be able to record it as being exactly the same length as the
master,
but coming in at some particular offset ......... so when you want that
melody to pop in ... you hit "start" or "unmute" .... and it comes in at
the
right time.

Sound like .......

>   MuteMode=Run
>     The loop is retriggered from the location it had when
>     was first muted.

works for this, as long as you mute it at the right location .......