Re: Playing to nobody (was inaccessability of music)

Oh brother Rick this are the worst of a kind, been
there as well but yes they do pay well,i bet if u had
done the gig with nothing but a green wig,a mic and a
karaoke CD they would not have known the fuckin
difference!
Hey Gary i do remeber that gig in San Diego! although
it was unattended i had a blast,specially as Rick
dropped that cowbell on the floor makng a loud
esplosion noise in the middle of a meditative buiding
loop which woke everybody up including me!
but next day it was Mexico very well attended and well
Rick can tell you about the third eye girl...
cheers
Luis

> By this point I was hopping mad and stressed and I
> protested vociferously,
> but he was our boss and we were compelled to
> move back to where we had been.   We never worked
> for them again, so I
> imagine that my protest wasn't taken well.
>
> --->This sort of thing happens with corporate
> gigs--they don't really have
> much consideration for the musicians
>

> >luckily, it was a very lucrative gig, but boy did I
> feel like a glorified
> servant that day.
>
> -->Ah, that's because you were, Mr. Rick.
> Mr. Rick did not mention the time he came all the
> way to San Diego to play a
> gig with me for less than half a dozen people. It
> was me, him and Luis
> Angelo--my friend Harvey Starr came (I was using a
> Ztar) and a bass player
> named Are Jay who was on the LD list at the time
> also showed, but it was
> mostly unattended--and we played anyway!
> Gary (who has made a living playing to nobody)

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/