Re: replace mode by function

andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
..... (deleted)

I notice that the current trend, with LP-1 and Mobius (for instance) is to create the scenario where you can do a whole bunch of stuff with one "button".

Could this be seen as

Looper as instrument vs. Looper as effect ?

In which case the "edp" approach is the "getting your hands dirty actually doing it yourself even if you have to practise the moves" way compared to the LP-1/Mobius way of "once it's set up, I just press a button and this wonderful thing happens".

andy butler
Yes, not neccesarily a bad thing if it makes it easier in a live situation.  The downside of this is that it may remove some of the spontaneity if these things have to be prepared prior to a performance.

Stephen

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.