Re: "self resonating" fretleess electric guitar -- ideas?

You should talk to Ned Evett.  He's a great fretless guitarist who
uses a Fernandes Sustainer guitar that he's made fretless (he also
loops a bit and he's modded all sorts of guitars to be fretless).
He's done a lot of experimentation in this area.

http://www.nedevett.com/

TravisH