Re: "self resonating" fretleess electric guitar -- ideas?

On 18 mar 2007, at 16.42, Todd Pafford wrote:
> Unfretted website at
> <http://www.unfretted.com/loader.php?LINK=unfretting>.

What a great resource that site is! Thank you.

On 18 mar 2007, at 16.40, tEd ® kiLLiAn wrote:
> Putting it on the headstock seemed to work best.

That's my finding to, with the DIY Poor Mans Sustaniac I mocked up.
Ted, do you think the electro-acoustic type that you have is in some
way better than the magnetic (the Stealth Plus)? I'm not sure I can
play a Telecaster with some extra weight added to the head stock.
It's already incorrectly balanced as the stock default version. One
thought, but you need to verify it by hands-on experience, is that
the electro-acoustic one can be nicer to play because it works on the
wood of the instrument in a mechanical way?

> If I remember correctly. Didn't you receive and do a magazine
> review of a Sustainiac
> device in Sweden a few years back? Being an old guy my mind plays
> tricks on me.
> How did it work out for you?

I was going to buy one and a friend in Sweden should pick it up for
me at NAMM. But he forgot about it. A test review was scheduled but
never happened because I didn't get my hands on one.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)