Introductory Looper

Hello,

I'm looking for an introductory looper.  I've been looking at the
DigiTech JamMan.  The material on it states that one may record up to
99 loops.  As I'm new to these I want to make sure it will do what I
want, mainly be able to on-the-fly record a sample and start it
looping and then record another sample and start it looping and
continue in these manner and then subtract off the loops in any order
I want.  Is this feasible with the JamMan.  Did I just describe a
looper in general?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Seth