EDP buying tips

David,

Hi!  We met eleven years ago at that "First Annual" Deadhead Conference in
upstate New York.  I'll never forget that great party you spun a few tapes
for that merged into a show by the Zen Tricksters.

I upgraded to an EDP a few months ago and I love it!  It's a very deep,
very
sophisticated instrument, well worth the money and time investment if
you're
serious about looping.  It will change your music.

My tip to you, and to anybody else listening, is to buy one without the
standard Gibson EDP footpedal (the 7-button job) and buy a custom
footpedal
from British Audio with good switches installed (or get the switches
replaced some other way).  The switches in the Gibson are crap.  Really!
They go flakey within a couple months.  It'll only cost you about $100
more,
at the most, over retail, and it's worth it.

http://www.britishaudioservice.com/

Also, make sure you get the 4.0 software.  It's a huge upgrade.  Looper's
Delight has all the info on that.  They also have a link to British Audio
(which is in Illinois, not Britain--go figure!).  A lot of the eBay EDP's
only have ver 3.  You can pay to get the upgrade, but it's easier to get
one
already installed.

Steve Bowman
Media, PA