Re: fretless guitar looping

Again with the crazy sounds, was that all fretless?
it sounded like Sax in there too.  After hearing this,
it made me dig out my cheap ass guitar that has a
fretless neck on it.  I will say that when you get
your sustainer installed, your possibilies will open
up. I have a song that I plaed with my sustainer
equipped Ibanez, only I used a slide and added an
octave up pitch to the sound, it sounded like a cross
between a flute and violin, the phrase I played
sounded very Eastern.  As soon as I can get my main pc
up and running, I'll send you the link to where that
song is, it's not live looping, but the parts of the
song were composed with loops I made.
--- Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to thank everyone on the list that helped
> me with advice on
> reshaping my Telecaster into a  fretless guitar
> aimed at looping. I
> took away the frets, filled the slots with "plastic
> padding chemical
> wood", planed the fingerboard, trimmed the nut (much
> lower setting
> for fretless) and put on 013-056 stainless flat
> wound jazz strings.
> I'm delighted with this new instrument! Recorded the
> first test run,
> guitar lined directly into laptop:
> http://www.looproom.com/audio/CamelRideSlumber.mp3
>
> I imagine this guitar will be awesome to play with
> the Sustaniac
> system I have incoming :-)
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen