Re: How to reduce the DAILY DIGEST to one post a day

On 24 mar 2007, at 11.01, RICK WALKER wrote:

> Personally,  I just couldn't contend with the volume of mail if I
> were receiving
> individual e-mails.

That's funny to hear, because the very same reason - "more efficient
handling of the huge volume" - is why I choose to use only individual
mails from all lists I subscribe to ;-)  Hear are some tricks I use:

- Use filtering of incoming mails into list boxes
- When you are in a mail box, click the column for how you want to
sort the mails. I tend to jump between listing in chronological order
and listing based on subject line

So if for example a certain thread doesn't interest you, simply order
after subject line, select all of them and hit the delete button. I
know the Gmail online service works in a similar way, inside a web
browser, but I'm able to do it double as fast on a local mail client
where I get more control over how to set up shortcuts on the computer
keys.

I also set up temporary mail boxes for certain projects I'm working
on and then I set up the filtering to drop incoming mails from
important key persons into those boxes. After the gig, course or
whatever the project might be, has has been due I take that box out
of the local email client and archive it.

Some times I drag a message into a project box because something in
the discussion has a point that somehow relates to that particular
project. Or I may copy it, if I also want to keep it in its original
list box. On a local mail client with individual messages all these
actions are just a matter grabbing something with the mouse and
dropping it somewhere else.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)