Re: New live looping track posted

On 3 apr 2007, at 08.36, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> Nice Per!
> All guitaR efx coming from bidule software?
> cheers
> Luis

No, nothing comes from Bidule. Bidule is only used as the host for
VST plug-ins (effects + Mobius). Stratocaster lined directly into RMX
Multiface ( no preamp). But I spent an awful lot of time getting the
settings right, also matching signal levels as the audio flows
through the chain of VST plug-ins. The most important plug-ins used
for "the input stage" are mda Combos and OhmForce Predatohm. I also
found the PSP 608 Multidelay good for providing a firm guitar tone as
the base. The rest of the plug-ins are only used as you use effect
pedals (phaser, delay, reverb, tremolo etc). I've never had any multi
effect guitar box before - have always been a typical "plug-into-tube-
amp-no-floor-boxes" person - so this is the first time I'm exploring
guitar playing with the technique of jumping rapidly between multiple
sound patches. In Bidule that is very easy to set up. If I should do
it in Ableton Live the computer wold not have any CPU power left to
even make noise ;-))   I will play a little more with this setup and
then try a clone of it where I leave some delay effects active
outside their local patch, so the delay won't get cut when I change
for a different patch, but that concept taxes the CPU a little more
so I need to see if the CPU can handle it. Even though the CPU meter
in Bidule stays between 30 and 50 percent the setup became unstable
when I went from the sound card buffer of 512 samples down to 256. It
was only the fuzz sound patch that downed the computer - I wonder
why? Must be something with the extreme overtone character of that
sound...

I must say, I like the idea of combining whatever plug-ins much
better then the NI GuitarRig 2 which I tried some weeks ago. Both
sound wise and artistically, but that's just my own taste. Someone
else might like GR2 just because it does sound like normal amps and
speakers, which is why I do not like it ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)