Re: Re: tuba looping on the Martian ice floes

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Daryl Shawn wrote:

> Sounds like live looping the world's biggest pipe organ! Gorgeous tones.
> wish I could listen to it on something that could handle the frequencies
> (though god knows what that would be).

Thanks, Daryl! We're using Acoustic Image Contra and expansion cabinet to
play through, and it seems to be doing ok for the sound. The recording
doesn't reflect the AI, though, as it was a line-in recording and not from
a mic'd amp.

Tech note: for others who have an E-H POG, we used the following settings:
In 50, Dry 50, Sub 100, +1 Octave 75, +1Oct Detuned 50, +2Oct 75, +2Oct
Detuned 50, Filter 50.

(50/75/100 being % for each value)

The tuba, already a rich tone, became massive through this, especially
with some analog delay. We're pleased with how the Ouroboros project is
coming, thought I'd share with people on the list.

> Subscape, indeed.

Heh. Thank you. Now I want to explore the E-H POG with my Etherwave Pro
theremin.

> Daryl Shawn
> www.swanwelder.com
> www.chinapaintingmusic.com