Re: EDP woes, part two

1,000s of these have been sold and used without this problem.  It seems
very coincidental that you have encountered the identical defect with two
units.  I'm presuming you got the replacement from the same place as the
first, so perhaps it could represent a manufacturing defect in some
sequentially produced units (serial numbers close to each other?).

Perhaps there is some other variable at work here that might be causing
the problem?  It is impossible for me to second guess from a distance but
coincidence makes me wonder.  Are you nearby anyone on this forum that has
an EDP that would let you do a side-by-side test/comparison?  I am in the
San Francisco bay area and have an EDP if that would help.

Meanwhile to answer the question you actually asked, I have a Looperlative
LP-1, EDP, and Electrix Repeater.  I don't have degraded or crackly sound
on any of them and I would say that each of them works according to their
features and functions.  Of the 3, I vastly prefer and mostly use the LP-1
however in some earlier versions of the software (Bob upgrades it
regularly) I have had issues with (rarely) freezing up and three times an
unexplained distorted sound on one of the 8 channels. I have not
encountered either of these issues in the last several months.  I had some
very serious concerns when I first fired the LP-1 up on day 1.  Several
scary hours later, I realized I had set it up incorrectly.

Good luck,
Jim W.