Re: greek under a rock

The kind of 'looping' vangelis did was of course more primitive using
arpegiators of course since that was the only device on his hardware
capable of doing repetative things in the performance.  I'm calling it
'looping' because there is an analogous aspect there.  Interjecting
repetative patterns into a live performance.  Albeit much simpler in
construction than the detailed loops were are using here today.  :-).
Much to be learned from listening to that stuff though for those who
haven't been exposed to it.  "Soil Festivities" is a great example. -Bob