Re: OT: Busking--it's hard for everyone

I suppose so, but audio is localized, unless it's seriously amped; one
can move away, unless you're lucky enough to be in an elevator with the
electric zither/chinese violin/purple tuba. The other choice is to plug
in the ubiquitous white earbuds, if they're not already installed.

I was just sayin' if buskers are presumptuous, so are the ads. I feel
that complaints about either could be directed to both.

Most annoying "buskers" I've ever seen: in Mexico City, occasionally a
truck will come by the lovely plaza in front of the Bellas Artes and
disgorge five uniformed organ grinders who start a-grinding. That's bad
enough - tonal music played on untuned instruments, in chorus - but
along with them are double their number of donation collectors, also
uniformed, who forcefully accost every passersby for cash. Not only the
music questionable, but so is the artistry of mere handle-cranking, and
the army of solicitors guarantee that pretty much everyone runs for cover.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com