Re: RC-50 tempo sync issues via MIDI clock

Sean,

But we don't want the RC50 to be the master!  :) We want the drummer
to be able to send the start/stop messages and control the tempo.  So,
I really don't care if it works the other way.  And yes, this issue
exists with Ableton Live acting as the Master.

But the question continues to puzzle me:  Why would Roland even have
the tempo include a tenth degree slot for the tempo's BPM (for
example, 139.8BPM instead of just rounding up to 140BPM)?  Am I
mistaken when thinking most MIDI clock masters/slave read tempo in
whole numbers?

Thanks, John