Re: [LOOP] Help: RC-20XL or Digitech Jam-Man? Quantize feature?

Quoting Brent Santin <woodenflutes@yahoo.ca>:

> It's interesting that the RC-20XL won't do short loops
> of less than a bar!  (i.e. 1 second).  I had no idea
> that this was so.  Looks like I will have to keep my
> Zoom pedal/delay for stuff of that sort.

Brent,

My comment about the "not less than one bar" applied to my RC50
model... the RC-20XL may behave differently.

With regards to click tracks, I have resorted to incorporating little
"ostinato" patterns into my work to keep things together without click
tracks.  I kind of like the notion that elements serve both a musical
and logistical purpose.

Again, speaking about the RC50 -- if the guide is turned "on" (that
is, the metronome) then the loop endings are quantized to the guide's
tempo.  If the guide is turned "off" then the RC50 uses the sample's
length to calculate the number of bars and tempo.  How it does this is
a bit of a mystery to me -- I think it finds the nearest tempo that is
below 120bpm that causes an end-of-measure to occur precisely at the
end-point of the loop.  I have yet to do detailed experiments with
this though... the instruction manual doesn't really explain exactly
how it does this.

Anyway, your question was about the RC-20XL and my comments were
really meant as general observations about syncing/quantization
because my only experience is with the RC50.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

-- Kevin