Re: portable hand field recorders

On 23 apr 2007, at 10.11, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> gang,
> i got rid of my marantz CDr300 i realized that it
> weasnt really practical and quite bulky to be carrying
> i need something really portable and easy to operat
> like the old portable tape recorders(too bad i got rid
> of my old one) that fits in my hand but digital with
> mic and 1/4" inputs usb options and all the new
> goodies with a good sound without the need of
> connecting x-tra micros or xpensive xtra battery
> charge device to record sounds, rehearsals,speeches
> etc.

Luis,

Check out the Zoom H4. I bought one last year for the same purpose
you are up for. I can't recommend it enough! I can't recommend it to
use "as soundcard" though. The built-in stereo mic's are excellent.
To give a sounding example, I recorded the two Lo Fi Lazer pieces
with the H4:
http://www.looproom.com/listening.php

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen