Re: Re-Name that song - competition

> McDade, Rob (SLSA) schrieb:
>> Now a lot of you are familiar with my instrumental epic piece
>> Dickhead in a G string – it won a local song writing award in 2004
>> for the best instrumental.  Judges thought it was a bit too long
>> and could do with a change of title. I stood firm against this and
>> was only willing to shorten the title to ‘Dickhead’.  That’s the
>> anarchist in me!
>
> Please go back to the original title, its much better, also the
> length of the piece is fine. In fact I usually skip CD's which
> contain only "radiolength" pieces, the probability that its boring
> music is just way too high...
>  You made your decisions without the critics in mind. Now the
> critics have a problem and it should rest with them. Its not your
> problem anymore, as you did make a decision in the past. Changing
> only for the sake of critical request is not a good idea. It would
> be different if you, on your own would not be satisfied with it,
> but it doesn't sound like that....
>
> Appreciate the positive critic of Daryl, but protect the anarchist
> in you. In the end the audience will appreciate that much more than
> any kind of kissass....

I agree with Stefan! Genuine outlets is what interests me and I
usually skip over everything that seems as if the original creators
have been trying to adapt to someone else's request. I justify this
my behavior by using the time I free up to listen more to something
that I find genuine. I think this attitude is quite common.... or at
least should be!  ;-))

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)