Re: Eventide - Prezens - Torn

On 25 apr 2007, at 19.59, rune fagereng wrote:

> Why did you sell it ? (the Eclipse)

I only borrowed it for a while to do a test and write a review of it
in a Swedish guitar player's magazine. For my own use I think it
colors the sound too much. Or should I rather say that I found it
difficult to play through the unit without sounding like some certain
established "Eclipse musicians". It's also too big and heavy for my
taste.

One function that interested me was the ability to program the
harmonizer to add not a parallel line but notes according to a scale
that you define in the patch. But after trying this I found it too
much "pre configured" for my taste. I prefer creating a general feel
of some scale and harmony by rate shifting and overdubbing in Mobius.
That way you can do whatever you want in a second, not having to rely
on which scale presets you have prepared in the box.

The type of sounds patches I found the Eclipse very good at are those
where an LFO manipulates a filter cutoff in sync with the tempo. You
can also program it to do those filter burps as accellerandi or
ritardandi and, if you want, partly dependent on input level (how
hard you attack the notes).

> Regarding Aarset - his
> releaseing a new cd in september.

That's great news! I didn't know that.