Re: Boise Experimental Music Festival Streaming Live

I'll be posting pictures from the festival here in the next few days. I already have some taken by Jeff Kaiser.

http://www.boisemusicians.com/BEMF-2/images.htm

Last night was spectacular!

Moe! Staiano (from Oakland, CA) + Z'EV (from the UK) - Amazing and inspiring percussion found sound performance, using everything from metal tubes to bicycle wheels and violin bows, dragging a floor tom drum along the floor to vibrate at different frequencies, etc....this was a truly legendary performance by these two guys...who, incidentally, had to drive back to Portland right after their set for another gig.

Stefan Smulovitz (from B.C., Canada) - Really interesting laptop looping, using his custom program called Kenaxix - http://www.kenaxis.com/

Ted Killian - wonderful, as usual...with his rich and textured guitar sounds and 20 space rack of effects that take a small nuclear power plant to run..

Jeff Kaiser & Gregory Taylor - Out of this world. Gregory Taylor (from Cycling 74) on laptop/MAX and Jeff on his quarter tone trumpet and laptop/MAX. Really far out stuff....from intense to subtle. Great set and synergy between these two cats.

Rob Price & David Grollman - Drums and guitar (from New York)....very hip free jazz, avant-garde...David Grollman is an amazing and passionate drummer. A lot of sound from these two guys.

Kris