AW: OT: VST plugin to do balance/pan function

Hey os,

I'd like to come
 back to your offer below...short answer: I need it for Windows.

Long answer: please find enclosed a reqspec for the thing.

Requirement specification for a VST plugin for Windows XP platforms which allows for panning of mono sources and “balancing” of stereo sources, in the following called „panner“

The panner shall be implemented as a VST plugin for Windows XP platforms as a stereo in/stereo out device and shall be able to function with common bit depths and sample rates up to 32bit/96kHz.

The panner shall have at least one control (“panpot”).

The panpot shall provide one real value to the panner ranging from -1…+1. 0 shall be defined as “center position”. -1 shall be defined as “hard left”. +1 shall be defined as “hard right”. This value shall be called “p”

The panner’s controls shall be controllable within Ableton Live by MIDI commands.

The panner shall function as a 2 in, 2 out mixer which sends a combination of the two channels of the stereo input pair (IL and IR) to the two channels of the stereo output pair (OL and OR) defined by a mathematical transformation.

The mathematical transformation shall be of the form

OL = IL*f(p) + IR*g(p)

OR = IL*f(-p)) + IR*g(-p)

with f, g real functions of p.

There shall be at least one choice of function pairs f, g.

There shall be one choice of functions f, g as follows:

f = 1    ; p < 0

f = 1-p ; otherwise.

g = 1-f.

If the number of function pairs is greater than one, there shall be a control for selecting the function.

If the selected functions f,g are continuous, changing p may not lead to signal artifacts.

The panner shall be optimized for resource-friendlyness, i.e. it shall not tax the host computer’s CPU or main memory more than necessary.