rain samples to share

We had a nice heavy rainstorm this morning. I recorded three 2-3minute
chunks using a BLUE Snowball USB mic with the lo-gain firmware, WireTap
Pro, and a MacBook Pro. Files are available as both AIFF and MP3 on this
page:

http://www.subscapeannex.com/rain.html

I moved the mic different distances from the floor, from resting to just a
little off, to higher, so the deck-level impacts differ.

No processing, just fieldwork. Anyone is welcome to use these as you like.
(I'd like to know if you do, though.)

On a more technical note, does anyone have suggestions for weatherproof
(-resistant) mics that I might use for recordings such as this, or how to
construct an enclosure that I might be able to use for recording such as
this? This wouldn't have worked if I'd had any wind, for example, but with
the rain falling down and not sideways I felt safe using a piece of two of
paper towel for a few minutes to catch splattering raindroplets. Yes, the
mic is fine.

best,
Steve B  Subscape Annex http://www.subcapeannex.com/