Re: AW: Group of people looping. Is there such thing ?

Richard,

I read you're from Vancouver Island. Great! I haven't met any local
people on this list. I recently moved to the Cowichan Valley, and wanted
to say hi-- I'm a fellow looper and also, an inventor (have a look at
the link below).

--
.. Folks,

http://freewheeling.sourceforge.net/

I'd like to chime up and say that Freewheeling is capable of looping
with multiple musicians. You can map several MIDI interfaces to
different loop slots. You can have several audio inputs and several
people can be grabbing loops at once (although there is no support as of
yet for several sets of levels for different users). One advantage to
going this way is that, instead of loading several plugins, you have
everything together and already syncronized in one app.

You may want to check it out-- it's Mac and Linux only, and configuring
it takes some skill, but
for your effort, you get great customizability. Plus, it's open-source,
and it can be made into a hardware box. There's a project out there to
make a small Freewheeling box on an embedded Linux box (see
www.linutop.com). Collaborators are welcome!

Cheers,
-JP Mercury
(author of Freewheeling)