Re: An EDP analog

On 5 jun 2007, at 22.33, mike@michaelplishka.com wrote:

> I've been playing the EDP and love it (and use it more than the
> Rang now)
> but this is the question.
>
> I find that I primarily use the EDP for simple type looping making
> 1 or 2
> loops, switching between them on a song, simple multiplying of shorter
> loops, changing feedback on loops.  The longest loops I play are
> usually
> around 30 to 40 seconds.  All switching done with feet live on stage.
>
> Is there something that does everything I listed but doesn't have
> as many
> other things as the EDP?

I tested a Boss RC-50 for a while and it could do switching between
up to three linear loops. Feedback and Multiply is not directly
supported but can be achieved if you bridge SubOuts with AuxIns (see
old archive post on this).

> I don't use MIDI at all.

Yes. What you're doing is perfectly within reach for the standard
analog EDP pedal.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)