Re: Performance Gestures [was: Re: Laptops]

Tony K wrote:

>Fripp sits in the dark.  I've seen him several times with King Crimson and
>doing Soundscapes and he's always seated on a stool.
>
>If you want him to move, take his picture with the flash on.  That's when
>he
>gets up and leaves.

When Peter Gabriel did his first tour in Detroit, there was a curtain
across the stage.  When the curtain was drawn to reveal the band
including Fripp upon his stool, someone in the front row stood up and
screamed "Fripp!" whereupon Robert scooted his stool back a few feet.

John McIntyre
mcintyre@pa.msu.edu