Re: new-be questions

It depends on your compositional style, but if you're looking to build
pieces which have three or four parts, 198 seconds is probably plenty.
 My looping sets are made up of pieces with 2-4 discrete sections, and
I've never had a single section be longer than sixty seconds (I use an
Echoplex for looping).  So even if your A, B and C parts are sixty
unique seconds long, you still have...eighteen seconds left over.
Consider how long your tunes are going to be if you've got three
sixty-second sections that you want to loop on/play over.  It'll take
you three minutes just to lay down the loops, and then if you do any
overdubs you're easily looking at ten or fifteen minutes.  If that's
what you're planning, great!  But, maybe not.  You might consider
recording and timing the various sections of one of your pieces to
figure out how much sampling time you really need.

Bear in mind, that's if you want the entire section to be unique, and
not say, an eight second loop that you play live over (many of my
pieces are like that) four repetitions to make up the verse and s so
on.  With the EDP, the small-by-modern-standards amount of sampling
time really manifests itself more in how many layers of undo are
available to you at a given time.  You can overdub on an existing loop
ad infinitum regardless of how much memory is installed, you'll just
run out of undo layers earlier on if  (for example) your loop is sixty
seconds long and you have the number of loops set to three.

TravisH