Re: EDP Multiply Question

Sorry, David,
It's pretty obviously my question.
The Interface Mode thing was my big input to LoopIV.

What you want to achieve is possible with your current setup
1) Hit NextLoop
2) Do the noodling
3) Hit Mult when you want to OD the results of the noodling.

I know that's not the answer you want ;-)

so

Or can be done by  setting Loop/Delay = DEL

That puts you in Delay Mode, which changes the way Overdub works.
It makes overdubbing the default, so that when the OD(overdub) LED
is green you're always overdubbing.
Then hitting OD gives you a Freeze function
(i.e. switches overdub off)

So in effect it's a model of a basic digital delay with a Freeze,
such as you might be familiar with.

As long as you're in Freeze ( OD LED = Red )you can do a Multiply
and not have the input overdubbed.
(Note, that's exactly what you want).

This feature was suggested by me during Loop IV development
in order to achieve exactly what you wanted here.
...but you need to thank Matthias Grob for programming it.

Another possibility is to use a footpedal, and set Loop/Delay = Inp.
Then the pedal controls the volume of the input, so it's
just a matter of doing "toe up" when you Multiply.

I notice you use StutterMode.
Sorry there's not a solution which allows you to do this
and keep the Stutters.

...but if you have any audio examples of Stutter Mode use,
I'd love to hear them.

andy butler
www.andybutler.com