Re: EDP Multiply Question

   Thanks Andy, as in my prior note, I'm reacquainting myself with the EDP
so this helps out a lot!...

Have a great day!...

Smiles,

CQ

At 06:44 PM 6/20/2007 +0100, you wrote:

>Sorry, David,
>It's pretty obviously my question.
>The Interface Mode thing was my big input to LoopIV.
>

>What you want to achieve is possible with your current setup
>1) Hit NextLoop
>2) Do the noodling
>3) Hit Mult when you want to OD the results of the noodling.
>
>I know that's not the answer you want ;-)
>
>so
>
>Or can be done by  setting Loop/Delay = DEL
>

>That puts you in Delay Mode, which changes the way Overdub works.
>It makes overdubbing the default, so that when the OD(overdub) LED
>is green you're always overdubbing.
>Then hitting OD gives you a Freeze function
>(i.e. switches overdub off)
>
>So in effect it's a model of a basic digital delay with a Freeze,
>such as you might be familiar with.
>
>As long as you're in Freeze ( OD LED = Red )you can do a Multiply
>and not have the input overdubbed.
>(Note, that's exactly what you want).
>
>This feature was suggested by me during Loop IV development
>in order to achieve exactly what you wanted here.
>...but you need to thank Matthias Grob for programming it.
>
>Another possibility is to use a footpedal, and set Loop/Delay = Inp.
>Then the pedal controls the volume of the input, so it's
>just a matter of doing "toe up" when you Multiply.
>
>I notice you use StutterMode.
>Sorry there's not a solution which allows you to do this and keep the
>Stutters.
>
>...but if you have any audio examples of Stutter Mode use,
>I'd love to hear them.
>
>andy butler
>www.andybutler.com
>
>David Auker wrote:
>>I'm reposting this, as got overlooked in the laptop frenzy  :-)
>>All I want to do it copy the loop's material to another loop (which may
>>already have content).  Do it w/o overdubbing, so I can noodle for a
>>while until I want to include it in this new spot.
>>Regards 'n respect, David
>>David Auker wrote:
>>>What setting(s) enables Multiply-to-next loop w/o any overdubbing going
>>>on?  I mostly just want to copy to next loop (overiding any
>pre-existing
>>>material there), and play while that's happening but not overdub at
>that
>>>time.  I'm using FCB1010, SwitchQuant=Cnf,
>>>AutoRecord=On, LoopCopy=Snd, LoopDelay=Stu.
>>>
>>>Thnx!
>>>
>>>David
>>>

>--
>3:02 PM

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn