Re: unexpected gear behavior (was: improvisation and performance)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:

> Rick said:
>> loop) or your
>> gear suddenly throwing weird unexpected things at you (which seems to
>happen
>> to me an inordinant amount
>> of time).
>
> There is a distinct charm in gear doing unexpected things, and a few
>methods to create them:

The British band Coil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coil_%28band%29
had such a snarl of cables in their studio they started to personify the
results, and this was the origin of their album _Worship the Glitch_. I'm
away from my reference library at the moment or I'd check my cop of
_England's Hidden Reverse_ for more details.

best,
Steve Burnett    Subscape Annex    http://www.subscapeannex.com/