Re: AW: Walk-through tutorial for Bidule as VST host in Windows (was: Re: bidule)

On 23 jun 2007, at 15.46, Jens Wolters wrote:

> But what if you want the effects in a row and bypass some of those
> effects ?
> (like on a normal pedal board)

Not possible with this Audio Switcher trick. What I do is to set up
another copy of the chain but with one effect changed. Gives the same
result in praxis. You can probably cable it up in Biduel, I just have
not researched how to do it because I don't need it.

> 2) What is this pitch shifter plugin?

It shifts the pitch! (bet you could never figure that one out on your
own!! ;-)

> Would be great to have something I
> could do realtime timestreching with.

Time-stretching is not the same process as Pitch-shifting.

> The Mobius timestreching has a bad
> timing right now.

Yes, I never use it. Instead I use Rate Shift which I think sounds
cooler because it also changes the loop length, as with old-school
samplers. This gives you a nice rhythmic palette to play with as well.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)