Re: Les Paul and the Les Pulveriser

I recommend the book "Les Paul, an American Original".

http://tinyurl.com/yrmvts

Lotsa cool stuff, as well as info on when Les is fabricating/exaggerating. A lot of the book reads, "Contrary to Les' claims, this is what happened...". Apparently Les was not happy when he found out the biographer was going to call him on his BS.

But he did in fact invent multitrack recording.

A funny story in the book is that he and Mary were performing for the president (I think it was Johnson or Nixon), and the first lady asked if he could do a request. This wasn't really possible since all the songs were in a certain order on the tape. Fortunately, the first lady requested the next song on the tape!

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net