Re: Recording Programs?

On the Mac side I've always had good luck with Digital Performer.  It actually comes with a pretty cool looper too, so it's not that OT.  (POLAR)  I think I got it because I was tired of having issues with hardware and software not playing well together and the only options were MOTU or Digidesign.  MOTU was cheaper so there you have it.

and of course, Live, but I never use it as that.

Mark

On Jun 25, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Tony K wrote:

>There was some mild bitching from the studio (CBS) engineers about having to convert files over
> to PT.  I figure with more of this type of work coming my way I should try to be most
> compensating (it's a pretyy cut-throat gig, and the easier I make it on "them", the more work I
> may find...)

I think most of the higher end recording apps will save OMF files which PT should import without (much) problem.  That's the theory, anyway.

I  use Sonar.  I just liked it.  It seemed intuitive to me.  I hear a lot of good feedback about Vegas.  However, Vegas has no MIDI sequencing, so if you need that, you're out of luck.

Tony