Digitech no longer repairing pds 8000 pedals--any rec's?

Well, I thought you all should know (&I know I shouldn't have put
this off)...I called digitech today about sending my beloved pds 8000
in for repair and was told they stopped doing this just last month,
due to "older parts being not available," or something like that.
They have repaired mine in the past with no problems. The only thing
I can think of is that if you need a bucket brigade chip they are
hard to come by? anyhow, does anyone have any rec's for where to send
this? I called a local NYC place that will charge $95 per hour w/ a
1hour minimum plus parts (ouch!).

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer,

Paul
http://myspace.com/lambic