gypsy caravan film

there is also a beautiful film  about the documetation
of this called  "gypsy caravan" highly recomended
see previews of it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqvLcmG8RU0
cheers
Luis

--- Tim Nelson <psychle62@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I wish I could remember the author, but several
> years
> ago I read a very interesting book on linguistics
> that
> cited a study in which parallels were drawn between
> the spread of Indo-European languages and the
> repective musical styles which evolved as the
> cultures
> diverged. In the study, listeners from populations
> descended from speakers of proto Indo-European
> languages were played incomplete musical phrases
> from
> supposedly alien cultures and asked to complete the
> cadences. The specific example that sticks in my
> head
> was that people from Ireland could almost invariably
> complete North Indian phrasing and vice-versa.
>
> -t-
>
> --- Mark Sottilaro <sine@zerocrossing.net> wrote:
>
> > This is way OT, but what's up with that?  Sure,
> > music made by
> > Europeans may speak to some part of my Euro-mutt
> > brain, (and music
> > like Per's sure does) but what does it mean when
> > this Euro-mutt hears
> > Indian classical music for the first time and
> falls
> > instantly in
> > love?
>
> http://www.myspace.com/nimbletunes
> http://cdbaby.com/all/timnelson

> http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who
knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.