Re: LOVING NON NATIVE MUSICAL TRADITIONS: was 'gypsy caravan film'

We all have to guess regarding this, but my guess goes goes with
Mark's. I think every human have a unique predisposition for how we
will react and act on things we bump into on our odyssey through this
world. This is not "education", "talent" or "intelligence" - rather
"drive". And I think this part of us is what makes us like or dislike
certain kinds of music. You can see this manifesting in praxis if you
look at people; those with a lot of "drive" (simply those who are
doing a lot of things in whatever areas) tend to have strong likes
and dislikes in music and people with less "drive" tend to dance or
whistle along to whatever they might happen to hear.

per