RE: Exposed to the music of the 60s while incubating inside mothers / musical preference

"think only of yourself!"

I've seen hawkwind recently, with arthur brown joining them on vocals. you're never too old.

d.

From: Doug Cox [mailto:uncledig@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:35 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Exposed to the music of the 60s while incubating inside mothers / musical preference

USE YOUR METAL LIMBS.

IT IS WHAT THEY ARE FOR.

On 7/24/07, Krispen Hartung <khartung@cableone.net > wrote:
Well, my father, who went to Woodstock and many other wild and crazy concerts during the 60's, listened to some interesting music while I was in the womb and continued to after I was born...which I'm sure influence my outlook on music preference - though being a borderline hard determinist I believe most of our personalities and preferences are fixed at conception.

Just a sample of what my dad listened to during my early years:

The Crazy World of Arturo Brown - anyone remember him shouting at the intro of the song..."I am the god of all hell fire"...and "fire, we're gonna take to you hell"..."your gonna burn,  you're gonna burn...". I bought the CD a few months ago to jog my memory.

- German war marches and war speeches from Hitler (on vinyl)...probably a collector album now, with giant swastika banners on the front cover with Hitler at the podium and thousands of soldiers in the audience  (and no, I'm not an anti-Semite).

- Black Sabbath's self titled album released in 1970 (not 60's but my dad never let go of the 60's until the late 70s)..."What is this that stands before me..."

- Hawkwind's "Space Ritual Live" - again an early 70's album but in line with what he listened to in the 60's...."Flying is trying is dying"...great psychedelic stuff. Who knows what he played while I was in the womb in 1967.

And of course, a lot...A LOT of Bob Dylan.

....many more than this, and in the meantime, my mother was trying to counter-balance all of this with 60's folk music, playing and singing it on the guitar.

Kris