Re: Low Lantecy Soundcard for Laptop Gig

Wow, really?shit i bought the RME fireface 800
thinking it had the best preamps out there,and also
recently the card all of the sudden stopped working,i
just sent it to get it repair and i havent even done
any projects with it!
I dont know in the U.S. but the RME support here in
germany sucks and this card aint cheap!
Luis

> Its big brother, the FireFace 800, has actually not
> that good built-
> in mic pre amps, but better AD convertors. That's
> because that
> product target a more pro oriented user type that
> typically has
> dedicated external mic pre amp that offers even
> better fidelity for
> analog input. I also have an Echo AudioFire2 that is
> about the
> cheapest you can go without buying crap. This also
> sounds good but
> doesn't offer good mic pre amps. I use mine for
> digital input. I can
> verify that it runs well with OS X but I have not
> used it with
> Windows (might be good there as well). I have
> another, older PCMCIA
> card from Echo, the Indigo i/o, but I would not like
> to recommend it
> because it doesn't sound as good as the other two
> (you said you need
> "a good soundcard" ;-)
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen