Re: Low Lantecy Soundcard for Laptop Gig

On 29 jul 2007, at 11.37, RICK WALKER wrote:

> I own an M-Audio Firewire 410.

Yes.

> Is this just a worthless piece of crap in terms of looping live
> with a laptop setup?

No.

> And, damn,  I just heard that Creative Labs has just ended EMU for
> good.
> That means they'll probably blow some of their audio breakout boxes
> for really cheap I imagine.
>
> Are any of those going to be decent for use with a MacBook or
> MaBook Pro
> as everyone seems to be in consensus about (except for
> Qua.........all kudos, my friend)?

Why don't you just keep the M-Audio? Plug it in, make noise and
listen. It will reveal its inner qualities. If it sounds good - use it!

Brian May recorded all "expensive sounding" guitar orchestrations on
the Queen albums on a piece of crap home-built guitar amp his buddy
built from junk he found in a garbage can 1971. Here's a link to the
history of the Decay Amp:
http://www.brianmay.com/brian/briannews/briannewsjun05.html#32

per