Fulltone Tube Tape Echo and Amusing

You like the Fulltone? I LOVE IT! My only problem is the tape itself makes so much noise, so for recording I'd have to have it in a separate room from the amp. I don't play that loud that it would drown out the noise. But tone wise it's majestic.

For live I've bought a T Rex Replica which is no slouch either. The brown tone switch is holy.

I tried taking the Tape Echo out to local gigs but, for one thing, I can't figure out flying with it. Plus it takes a while to set upon stage, so when doing bigger shows with a band following it just wouldn't work time wise. And it's bulky and would create 'added luggage' - circa $130 per flight from here in Canada.

And the T Rex does a really nice job anyhow.

Have you found a solution for the tape noise?

What kind of stuff are you doing with the TTE?

I wouldn't consider it an Edsel... more like a new fiberglass bodied 34 Ford with a 454 c.i. Chevy motor in it.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846