Re: DL-4 footswitch broken

On Jul 31, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Randolf Arriola wrote:

I've fixed and modded a number of DL4 units including my own and do confirm that the original tack switches do wear out rather easily. It is easily and cheaply resolved if you know how to solder with 25watt soldering iron. I would suggest using a fine cutter to snip off the legs of the switch and heating up the solder joint whilst pulling the remaining parts of the switch's legs off the pcb. Let me know if you need more help and I'll do my best.

Randolf Arriola (Singapore)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bernhard Wagner LD" <loopdelightml-NDI3MDE=-@bernhardwagner.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:09 PM
Subject: DL-4 footswitch broken

Hi

I remember Bill Walker posted a more extensive description on how to  fix the footswitches on the DL-4. However I'm unable to find it in  the archives.
These are the only things I can find (within reasonable time):

Richard Zvonar:

Bill Walker:

The record footswitch has started to fail on me. Whenever this  happens, the unit becomes unusable. I have to take it apart and put  it back together for it to work again. (Fun to watch for a busker's  audience, though)

Can someone please point me to the description on how to fix the DL-4 buttons more permanently?

Thanks
Bernhard

hmm..I replaced a couple of switches on mine and they weren't even attatched to the circuit board. The botton switches themselves only sit touching these little buttons on the circuit board and when pressed they hit the button...I can see if the switch that is connected to the board breaks that it would be a pretty easy fix though if ya could find that part. Knowing me I would order another one!! LOL

Sean Mormelo
www.seanmormelo.com
www.myspace.com/seanmormelo