Re: Practicing Looping in the Dark

I'm glad I threw in the idea... :-)
I guess it's very similar to practicing any other instrument without
(much) looking. Then again, I wonder how many people practice looping like
any other instrument...

Per: "looping in the mind" is what I've always been doing. That was my
motvation for starting with looping to begin with. The most exciting thing
is: You have something in your head that you go through, you go to your
gear - and make it sound like that!
That's what I love about spontaneaous looping :-))

Another approach is of course thinking through "looping stages" how you
would like to develop your loop. ITo me that process feels very similar to
anticipating or preparing a solo you'd like to play.

Rgds
Buzap