RE: Midi Controller with Live

The Novation SL stuff is spendy, but the time you’ll save (a lot of time, that’s how much) when it auto maps itself to your VSTs makes it well worth the price.  Plus the build quality is excellent and nothing comes close to it in feel, IMO.  Most of the cheep stuff feels like toys to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Johnson [mailto:matthjohnson@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:03 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Midi Controller with Live

Im learning Live currently. Up til now, the most comprehensive program I used was Cubase SE3. I have never used a midi controller before, and after taking a couple more weeks to learn Live, I am going to purchase one. Does anyone have any recommendations about brands and compatability with Live.

At first I was looking at the M-Audio Axioms(25 and 49), but I have heard they are not the best quality and tend to break quicker than other units. However, I am still look for something in this key range, although I think a 49 would be too large.

The Korg MicroKontrol 37-Key USB Controller Keyboard looks really great and I am very intersted in it. Anyone use this unit with Live?

Anyone ever use Edirol?

Novation is too expensive

On 8/7/07, Jeff Shirkey <jcshirke@midway.uchicago.edu> wrote:

On Aug 7, 2007, at 11:21 AM, Joshua Rothhaas wrote:

> actaully i think i meant the rc-20xl. Thanks. I too cannot afford
> the rc-50.

Just fyi, the best price I've seen on the rc-50 is from Full Compass.
I believe I paid $398. Most places sell it for $499.

Jeff

--
Matt H. Johnson