Re: Macbook for Windows looping

One shouldn't forget the price differences, as they're significant - as
well
as the cost of getting Apple-certed repairs.

This from Best Buy, for instance:

       Macbook (MB061LL/A):      $ 1018
MacBook Pro (MA610LL):             1842
MacBook Pro (MA897LL/A):       $ 2399
MacBook Pro PC (MA869LL/A)  $ 2780

Compare this with a high-end high-profile manufacturer (of which there is
more than one in the non-Mac world), an HP 2315EA goes for $1125.  That's
sizable difference.

Mind you, all the prices above are higher than regular due to the Retail
Factor, and I haven't added up the cost of building your own PC notebook
either.  But just a cautionary note regarding the prices - and how one
doesn't need to think much to figure out what to spend a free thousand on,
should the PC option be used.

Of course if one just wants OSX, well, so be it.

S.