RE: Macbook for Windows looping

I've run XP on a Macbook Pro and I agree with the consensus that it is
a fine machine for XP.  I had two relatively minor problems.

First, the built-in camera did not have drivers for XP so it could not
be used.  It's been over 6 months so they may have fixed that by now.

More significant for me, the PC has both a Delete and Backspace key,
the Mac has only a Delete key which performs the same function as PC's
Backspace key (still with me here?).

There are some applications that need to use the PC-Delete key.  The
are also a few XP operations that need Delete, one is the old
ctrl-alt-Delete key chord that in the old days did a reboot but which
now brings up the Lock/Shutdown/TaskManager dialog.  Also, if you have
XP configured to login to a domain, whenever you boot or shut down the
computer you will go to a little welcome screen that requires you to
use ctrl-alt-Delete to login.

This has supposedly been fixed in newer versions of Bootcamp by giving
you a Delete key by pressing Fn+Backspace but I haven't verified this.
If this hasn't been fixed by now, you can fix it with a "key
remapping" utility.

If you are not going to plug in a 3 button mouse you will find the
built-in trackpad useless in a hurry because you can't right click.
This can also be solved with key remapping but it's easier just to buy
a PC mouse.

If you are used to a the layout of the PC keyboard, you may be annoyed
by the Function, Control, and Alt keys which are in different places
on the Mac keyboard.  These too can be moved around with key
remapping.

Here's a blog entry from last year that describes this in more detail:

  http://alanhogan.com/tips/boot-camp-delete-and-right-click

As he notes, some of the issues have been fixed in the newest
version of Bootcamp so you probably won't need to mess with
this unless you want to move your function keys.

Jeff