Re: New "Virtual Repeater" Software Announced...

On 15 aug 2007, at 15.55, Doug Cox wrote:

> Per,
>
> It looks like it may also operate as a VST.  In the "Features"
> list, there are two lines:
>
> VST Effects hosting
> VST Effect operation mode
> That second line gives me hope that it might run as a VST. (fingers
> crossed!)

Oops... I missed that one! This was good news! :-))  This means you
can include the Virtual Repeater VST in a looping rig you set up in
Bidule. Nice.

> Definitely nothing about AU though.

I don't have a big problem with that because I don't use many VST
plug-ins and when I use a Mac I can mix VST and AU in the same Bidule
setup. I have already done my homework to test out and finding a
couple of correctly coded VST2.0 plug-ins that I can rely on.

Another cool thing I've heard, that I yet have to test myself, is
that on a Mac you can save a Bidule set-up, including VST plug-ins,
as a Group that work fine in the AU plug-in version of Bidule (Bidule
AU is only available to "Early Bird license" owners). Even though
this Bidule AU setup runs VST plug-ins you can load the AU into an AU
host that normally would not load VST plug-ins. This looks like a
good strategy for running the Virtual Repeater inside the AU host
Numerology. This will give you all the good stuff in modular
sequencing combined with time-stretch compatible audio looping. You
will be able to send sequences of commands to the looper and even
keep those commands quantized to a Groove Template Clock that itself
can be instantly adjusted (while you perform) from a MIDI expression
pedal etc. One of the classic key element production tools in
electronic dance music finally made available for audio looping.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)