Re: New "Virtual Repeater" Software Announced...

On 15 aug 2007, at 19.50, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> Hmmm...all things one can do in a max/msp looper. :)  I love the
> variable speed control, which I didn't see listed below. I love
> being able to create a loop and then step on my expression pedal to
> change the speed, both forward and backward.

I was thinking about this too. On the old hardware Rptr the varyspeed
is global, as in affecting all four tracks. But that doesn't have to
be a problem, since you can always open another instance of VRP VST
and run them at different tempo divisions. Now, that would be cool.

Running multiple instances is also the solution to the old Repeater
issue of not being able to run tracks of different length.

Under Windows you would be able to run Mobius as a VST plug-in inside
the VRP host. That would give you all the EDP power plus the few
strong points added by the Repeater. That would be a hell of a
looping setup ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)