RE: oberheim echoplex for sale

> 1) Jeff. Wouldn't most of that code be connected with the GUI and
>    interfacing?

In all honesty I really don't know.  I pulled 100K out of the air
based on the time spent and experience with past projects but after a
quick glance it is probably significantly less.  I find writing real
time audio software is much harder than the things I normally do so my
usual code metrics don't apply.

I'm curious now, I'll write a little code analyzer and post
some statistics for the 3 of you that just won't be able
to sleep tonight without knowing.  :-)

In general though, the UI is a big chunk but I don't think it is
half.  I'm going to guess closer to 25%.

The point I was trying to make was that if your first major software
project is to duplicate every feature in just one of the
hardware loopers, let alone all of them, it could be, um, a challenge.
And I don't think you can push much of it onto the circuitry,
you're going to have to write a *ton* of code somewhere.

Other than writing CPU microcode two decades ago I have zero
experience with hardware development, but I know that trying to
do this in assembly language would send me straight to the
mental hospital.  The fact that the EDP is written in assembler
is an astounding achievement.

IMHO Bob Amstadt has taken the best approach for this era,
running an embedded Linux and writing in C++.

Jeff