From: tEd R kiLLiAn [mailto:tedkillian@charter.net]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 11:09 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Cc: graham.maureen@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: octave pitch shifting down?

Hi there,

Natch, being Mr. Overkill in the FX department . . . I have no less than 3
(perhaps even more) ways at any given time to get a decent bass sound from
my rig.

1). There's a quite respectable downward prtch shifting (up to 2 octaves
downward) on my old pink ART SGX 2000 that I control like a wammy pedal
with
an EV-5.

2).  A pair of old Boss RPS-10s (half rack pitch shifter delays that I
mostly use for backwards guitar) but they do a okay (if a little dark and
wobbly) job.

3). The "fretless bass" patch on my Roland guitar synth (this is actually
the best).

It also helps to have (as Rick Walker has sometimes described it) quite a
bit of "cone-age" . . . four 1x12 Seymour Duncan "Convertible" Cabs . . .
also an Aphex Aural Exciter Type C with "Big Bottom" to make 'em bark.

It doesn't make much sense to generate those techtonic plate-shifting tones
if the speakers won't reproduce them does it?

Although I complain quite a bit about all the gear I have to haul around as
a 50+ "old guy" on this list I guess no one should feel too sorry for me
with all the excess FX baggage I tote everywhere.

All the more reason to go "lappy" I guess.

Cheers,

tEd R kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

Flux Aeterna:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=63780
76

Also check out the BEMF 1 CDs at:
http://www.boisemusicians.com/experimental/cd.htm

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=121
197000042
http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?storyCode=18131

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???