Re: stretching words

   listen to the end of Naked Blues on my website.  I do this live with
the
EDP with a guitar loop...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn

It's in the music section...  Obviously!  :)

                           -And Andre LaFosse has many EDP examples of
this...

   I'm sure there are others as well, but (pardon the expression) :)  I've
been out of the loop for a bit in regard to this!  lol!...

Smiles,

Cara  :)

At 10:38 AM 8/21/2007 -0700, you wrote:

>Per, thanks for this info. I had actually wrote, then scrapped, an email
>to LD a few months ago asking whether this technique was possible using
>any kind of current technology. I thought it was some brilliant idea I
>had
>come up with!...now I see it's been around forever (in computer years)! I
>just love the idea of making the dimension of time absolutely plastic, or
>even static, with regards to playback. Do you know of any audio examples
>where I might hear this?
>
>Daryl Shawn
>www.swanwelder.com
>www.chinapaintingmusic.com
>
>>>I've never heard Max Headroom but an educated guess gives that the
>voice
>>>may have been created with this classic technique:
>>>
>>>1. Keep the audio to be "stretched" as an audio file.
>>>2. In some music software, make a playback loop of the file.
>>>3. Minimize the loop length until only one tiny slice is looping,
>making
>>>a buzzing sound.
>>>4. Align the loop's start point and loop point to a controller. Now
>>>regard the loop as "a window" that you can move through the entire
>audio
>>>file. Forwards or backwards. When the looping "playback window" moves
>by
>>>a syllable it will sound more stretched the slower you move it.
>

>--
>269.12.1/965 - Release Date: 8/21/2007 4:02 PM

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn