Re: o.t. READING

At 12:28 PM -0400 8/22/07, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

>what has everyone been reading of late?

I've been trying to get back into fiction for a while.  I just seem
to have fallen out of the habit -- spending all my time reading
manuals and music-industry magazines instead -- and can't seem to
finish anything before getting bored with it.  Heck, I've been
working on Kim Stanley Robinson's "Years of Rice & Salt" for almost
three years now (and I actually enjoy that one, if only I could
finish the darn thing).

So, to get back in the saddle, I've started going back and re-reading
books I enjoyed around the time of early high school through college,
when I used to scarf down books voraciously.

Right now:

        Frederick Pohl: Gateway.
        George Alec Effinger: When Gravity Fails; A Fire in the Sun;
& The Exile Kiss.
        Neil Stephenson: Snow Crash.
        Philip K. Dick: Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said.
        Roger Zelazny: The Complete Amber Chronicles.
        Aldous Huxley: Brave New World.

Also, I just picked up the new William Gibson book, but haven't yet
started that one.

        --m.